Friday, November 1, 2013

Friday Funny: Mindy, Mindy, Mindy


The Short & Sweet of it: Mindy Kaling is really funny and if you don't want to hang out with her you might want to reevaluate your social circle because there's no way it's as cool as her.

I love Mindy, so naturally I loved Is Everyone Hanging Out With Me (and other concerns) by Mindy Kaling. If you asked me to I couldn't even pick whether I like her more as Kelly from The Office or as Mindy from The Mindy Project. She's just so likable. I'm honestly not a huge fan of every comedian's book, but I think Mindy's is so great because of her storytelling. The book isn't written like a standard memoir- it's almost like a glimpse into her diary or a conversation with an old friend over brunch. She writes about her journey to Hollywood and a breakout play she wrote that will leave you wishing you could go back in time and be in the audience for. Mindy became successful in Hollywood the old fashioned way- by working hard and being smart, and that alone is pretty appealing.

read more & buy

No comments:

Post a Comment