Monday, November 18, 2013

Dreaming of Christmas... With a Ghost & Marilyn Monroe

I don't know if I've ever been so excited for Christmas season (Just kiddddding... I'm always this excited). My gift shopping is nearly complete, the decorations are out of storage, and I'm spending way too much time browsing Anthropologie and Bloomingdale's swooning over their holiday decor.

If there's one place that makes me long for the holidays even more, it's the Hotel Del Coronado. It's a special place to me for a million reasons, and not surprisingly thousands across the world feel the same. From the gorgeous tree in the lobby, to ice skating on the beach, it's basically full of irresistible holiday cheer. There are handfuls of books written on the Del, but this one is hands down my favorite. Note: It has nothing to do with Christmas, or cheer.



It's also hard to think about the Hotel del Coronado without thinking of all the presidents, royalty, and celebrities that have made it their playground. Perhaps the most famous visitor of all was, of course, Marilyn Monroe. So if you haven't taken the time to sift through all the books on her life and pick just one to read, I did the hard work and picked one out for you. Enjoy!





What place makes you long for the holidays?




No comments:

Post a Comment