Monday, December 2, 2013

Monday's Must Read: The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion

Simon & Schuster provided me a complimentary copy. All opinions are my own (lucky you).


The Short & Sweet of it: This novel is a complete and utter delight. A highly sensible, socially awkward, and extremely lovable genetics professor is on a mission to find the perfect life partner. A hilarious journey ensues resulting in a love story of an unconventional type that I promise you've never read before. 

I don't even know where to start other than to say I LOVE THIS BOOK. (It's not every day I break out all caps, so you know it's kind of a big deal.) I've always been a sucker for a good love story, but they tend to all start running together. So when I met Professor Tillman and Rosie I think I let out a little squeal of excitement and many lols, obviously. 

Don Tillman might just be my favorite character of the year ever. Set in his rigid schedules with every minute accounted for, he decides that thanks to his newly acquired, short skirted housecleaner (cleaning takes up quite a bit of time each week) he has some extra time available to spend looking for a wife. With lofty standards and a penchant for effectiveness, he devises the Wife Project, a crafty questionnaire designed to weed out all the undesirables (smokers, late arrivers, vegetarians, etc.) Along the way he meets the quirky Rosie who is searching for her biological father. Between the Wife Project and the Father Project, Don's time is occupied in a way he never would have predicted, with a result he probably wouldn't have imagined possible. Could the charmingly neurotic Professor Don Tillman actually be capable of love?

You really should read this book. Since the holidays are coming up and you're going to be spending extended time with your families, there really is no better time than this to buy some new books to bury your nose in. It would also make a great gift for almost anyone on your list, especially someone slightly obsessed with the one and only Dr. Sheldon Cooper. Swoon


BUY

No comments:

Post a Comment