Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Tasty Tuesday: KOMBUCHA!


Avery of Penguin Group provided me a complimentary copy. All opinions are my own.

The Short & Sweet of it: Kombucha has been around forever, but thanks to the wildly popular Kombucha Brooklyn (owned by the authors) it has recently become a serious food trend. Just like the title says, it really is the amazing probiotic tea that cleanses, heals, energizes, and detoxifies. 

A few years ago I decided to be extra healthy. At the time it meant that I would order sweetened green tea at Starbucks instead of a carmel light frappuccino. A huge decision, I know. But now my husband and I cook almost every meal and use primarily fresh ingredients. If it wasn't for delicious hamburgers (or hot dogs at Charger & Baylor games) and the occasional juicy steak I would definitely be a vegetarian. It's not that I don't like meat, I just LOVE veggies! So when I came across this book about a delicious and healthy drink, I knew I was in for a treat. 

This book has it ALL. Seriously. It starts by describing what kombucha actually is and how fermentation works. You also learn how kombucha came to be and how it spread thanks to kombuchasseurs (don't you just love that word?). The idea of brewing your own tasty kombucha may seem daunting- especially if you've ever watched your husband attempt to home brew his favorite IPA. But the authors explain everything and do a great job at simplifying the process and directions. They even include easy, healthy, and delicious recipes to transform you from a kombucha drinker to a kombucha eater! There are almost 70 pages of unique kombuca recipes that range from soup to apple pie. Did I mention the kombuca kocktails? They say you can detox while you retox! Best of all, this book is fun! Sometimes health or wellness books can be pretty dull. This book is definitely NOT one of those. The authors have great senses of humor that will keep you entertained the whole time! Now go get to brewing, join the 'buch revolution, and discover all the benefits for yourself! 



In NY? Visit Kombucha Brooklyn! You can also order online

No comments:

Post a Comment