Monday, March 24, 2014

Z: A Novel of Zelda Fitzgerald


Flappers, vodka, Paris.. Oh my! It's safe to say I am thoroughly obsessed with this book. Terese Fowler's masterpiece is just irresistible, and I finished it in two (extremely long) sittings.

Even as a literary lover, I could not remember all the details of Zelda and Scott's journey. My unlikely ignorance sure was bliss. Her writing completely entwined me in this sad, beautiful, and unpredictable romance. Zelda and Scott had a relationship few can even imagine. Each day was an adventure- what to do, whom to see, where to live- I became interested in more than the ending of the book, I was captivated by what would happen at the end of each day. My life is fairly predictable. I have no plans to move, I know each day where to go for work, and I'm not concerned that my husband will be a hot mess when I see him next. It's easy to say poor Zelda, but Fowler also is able to convince us to say poor Scott. And that is pretty incredible in itself. I found myself switching sides from Team Zelda to Team Scott, but I finally realized that I was just Team Zelda & Scott. Love conquers all, right??

I would say that now I'm going to go read every book about the Fitzgeralds that I can get my hands on (like I did with the Kennedys when I first read Jackie, Ethel, Joan), but I'm afraid to be disappointed. Sometimes one glorious read is enough for even me.

BUY

LEARN MORE

No comments:

Post a Comment