Friday, November 15, 2013

Friday Financial: Shark Tales


I've decided to switch off between Friday Funnies and Friday Financials because every modern woman needs her checkbook online statement balanced once in a while. There's no better book to start with than Shark Tales by Barbara Corcoran with Bruce Littlefield. I've been a fan of Barbara's since watching Shark Tank, so when I learned she had written a book (a bestseller might I add) I quickly snatched it up. (Okay fine, my mom actually bought it for me to give me a little financial motivation.) It is such an enjoyable book- especially for the modern woman! 

Barbara Corcoran is one motivated lady. That's why she quite her waitressing job, borrowed $1,000, and started her own real estate office. The end result (a $6 billion dollar business) isn't even the the best part. It's all about how she got there, and let me tell you, she is one clever woman. From how she put out ads for agents and got listings, to fighting hard for commissions and publicity, you'll be amazed by both her smarts and her wit. And most importantly, you'll finish the book ready to find a new job conquer the world. 



1 comment:

  1. Stop making up excuses of why your dreams haven't become a reality! Read Shark Tales by Barbara Corcoran and you will receive the extra push you need to start making those dreams come true! She is very smart, witty, fun,and persistent--which has helped her become very successful. Starting her business from scratch--she built an empire that is to be admired by all women (and men). Don't wait any longer--read her fantastic story!

    ReplyDelete